Hulbert Supply was established in Plattsburgh, NY in 1947 by Donald Hulbert, on a plot of land adjacent to his family home. After graduating from Albany Business College in 1929, Don went to work for a wholesale plumbing and heating supply house, earning $18 per week. According to Don, after paying for room and board and clean shirts, he had $1.00 left to take in a show and an ice cream soda with the boys on Saturday night.
Eventually, Don and his brother John bought out the Plattsburgh branch of H.B. Kimmey Co. and went into business for themselves.
Hulbert Supply has had many great leaders over the years in addition to Don, including Robert Miner (Donald's son-in-law), Larry and Donald Hulbert (Donald's sons), Walter McGovern, Ken Pulsifer, Al Thompson, John Peria and Larry MacKenzie.
Today, Hulbert Supply is managed by three grandchildren of the founder: Dale Miner, Betsy Miner, and Doug Hulbert. The company has grown to include six locations in upstate New York and Vermont, with two showroom locations in Plattsburgh and Saranac Lake, New York.
We are proud to say that the fourth generation of Hulberts is currently learning the ropes of the family business. Many things have changed in the plumbing and heating industry over the last 70 years. However, our commitment to our customers will always remain the same.